When I think of Buffalo’s historic restaurants, I think of the many restaurants that are long gone. Many of the buildings where these restaurants were located were also destroyed. So when I heard that The National Trust for Historic Preservation and American Express launched an initiative called “Support for Small Historic Restaurants,” my mind wandered through Rolodex to the names of institutions that fit the bill.
A promissory note? This is actually the mission:
To provide $ 1 million in grants to 25 historic restaurants across the United States to promote the improvement, renovation and protection of their outdoor physical spaces and online businesses.
The task is to deal with “… a regular cafe, a delicious dip and another beloved restaurant that has withstood the test of time for decades and served its community. ”
Of course, everyone has their old favorite restaurant or cafe, who feel they will benefit from this nature’s remarkable grant. Do you
Grant Selection Criteria
- With the impact of the pandemic, you have faced significant financial difficulties
- Contribute to the history of the neighborhood and / or the identity of a particular community or community for at least 25 years
- Be a small / independent restaurant located in a historic building and / or historic neighborhood
- The program prioritizes restaurants belonging to low-income groups, including people of color and women who have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic.
- Preference will be given to small restaurants that have not yet received significant assistance related to COVID-19
The nomination process ends March 9, 2021.
Click here promote a small historic restaurant.