About a year later start the search, The Buffalo County Corps of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has found a new space in the city center. In a surprising move, the building will lease approximately 60,000 square feet of space on the third to fifth floors of the former Hens & Kelly store at 478 Main Street. The corps moved to the city center by November of next year from an administrative building on Niagara Street, 1776.
The lease changes Ellicott Development’s plans for the building. Elliott has begun renovating the building and plans two floors of commercial space in 28 high-rise apartments. With the lease of the Building, the apartments will now occupy only the sixth floor and the penthouse level.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security signed a 15,000-square-foot lease last year. office on the second floor. The agency moved 186 Stock Exchange Street this spring.
Carmina Wood Morris, who is based in the offices on Maine Street from the project, is the architect.